My due date is officially less than one month away. I know most second pregnancies go 1-3 days beyond the due date, so I certainly don’t have my hopes up that I’ll be done being pregnant by 9/28/21. However, I am very much looking forward to not being pregnant some time in the near-ish future. The next few weeks will probably be focused on some last minute projects and baby prep. The last month has honestly been pretty tough, and I have a feeling that this next month will probably be more of the same. Here’s everything that’s been going on around here in this weeks 8 month Bump Date.
Related Post: 7 Month Bump Date
This was my last week of not having a doctor’s appointment, and I was not disappointed that it coincided with our son’s first day of school. He’s been doing remote options for most of the past two years, and we were all really looking forward to him going back to in-person. Unfortunately, a case of nerves and some not so great school food resulted in an upset stomach. I picked him up Monday around 2, and we had a doctor visit the next morning to rule out COVID. Thankfully, his PCR test came back negative Wednesday afternoon, and he was back in class on Thursday.
Not quite the first week of school that we had hoped for, but we all survived. Since we had an impromptu doctor appointment on Tuesday, I decided to use it as my rest day for the week. Wednesday, I got outside for a run in the morning, and was so happy to find that the temps were in the mid-70s. After a stressful couple of days, I really needed a good run outside. The rest of the week was much less eventful (thankfully). I ended up cutting my run short on Saturday when I started feeling some pressure that I hadn’t experienced before.
I talked with my husband afterwards, and we both think that the baby has started dropping a little lower into my pelvis. Which is good, but not exactly comfortable. I still plan to run/walk for the next couple of weeks, but I will probably limit it to 3-4 miles at any given time, and see how my body feels. There isn’t any increased risk with running at this point in pregnancy, so it really is just about comfort level. At this point, I think we’re all just taking it one day at a time. The rest of the afternoon, I relaxed, did some laundry, and wrote out my birth plan with my husband. I don’t expect that everything is going to go as planned (it certainly didn’t with our son), but having it all written down helped me figure out what I wanted to cover with my doctor during our next visit.
8 Month Bump Date
- With one month of pregnancy left, baby B is about the size of a large head of romaine lettuce and weighs just a little under 6lbs.
- Our nursery is pretty much set up, and I’ve organized all my nursing gear in my nightstand.
- We’ve also set up multiple changing caddies, since we have a two story home, so I won’t have to walk up or downstairs just for diaper changes
- The car seat base is installed just in case we have an early arrival.
- My hospital bag is about 70% packed, and I’ve got the few things we plan to take for baby packed as well. My husband will probably wait until labor seems a little more imminent to get his things packed up.
- We’ve come up with plan A and plan B for who will be staying with our son during our hospital stay, and it’s a relief to have multiple options just in case.
- I’ve got about 4 workout outfits that still fit that I rotate through on a weekly basis, but I’m too stubborn to invest any more money into clothes I probably won’t wear for more than another few weeks, so we’re doing lots of laundry.
- I’m still able to lift with the barbell comfortably for now, though the weight definitely keeps decreasing.
- Similarly, my weekly mileage has been slowly decreasing pretty much every week this past month.
- My sleep this month has been pretty terrible between not being very comfortable and feeling a lot of movement throughout the night.
- I’m really looking forward to being able to eat a full meal again, because recently my stomach feels like it is the size of an apple. I’m hungry, but have no room for food.
8 month symptoms: lots of fatigue, some pretty frequent heart burn, a little insomnia, and my middle back is still very cranky
8 month cravings: berry smoothies and juicy fruit
8 month highlight: getting back in to see my chiropractor
8 month struggle: staying motivated at work, especially days after less restful nights
This Weeks Workouts
Total Miles: 24 Miles
Total Workouts: 4
How the Run Felt
Monday I decided to stick to the treadmill so that I could be home when my husband and son left for school in the morning. Thursday was also on the treadmill, but mostly so that I could sleep in just a little more! My outside runs this week felt really great, and I was so thankful for the little drop in temperatures. I’m trying not to be cranky about the fact that just when the weather starts getting nice, I will be taking an extended break from running, but I guess we can’t control that.
Saturday’s run was very interesting for me. I ran about a 5k, and noticed that I felt more pressure than I had throughout my pregnancy. Even though I didn’t need to pee, I felt like I was going to pee every time I started running. After the first 5k, I decided to walk a mile and see how I felt. I felt no pressure while walking, so I texted my husband and let him know that I was going to just walk the four miles back and enjoy the “me” time on my feet. It wasn’t how I thought the morning was going to go, but ‘m glad that I listened to my body.
How the WODs Felt
This week had a lot of toes-to-bar and sit-ups programmed, which meant that I had to use a lot of substitution this week. The workouts felt pretty good, for the most part and I’m happy that I’m still able to keep a decent pace throughout my workouts. I had some strong lifts this week. I was pretty surprised that I hit 85# during my Snatch complex on Wednesday, and that I got a 120# squat clean on Friday. The single lifts felt really strong, but lifting higher rep sets was a lot more difficult. I just felt like my energy wasn’t high enough, and some of that could be because I haven’t been able to eat as much this past week. Overall, though, I’d say we’re still hanging with CrossFit, which is a huge victory for being 36 weeks pregnant at this point.
What I’ve Been Listening
Because the temps dipped just a little bit, I was all sorts of in the mood for true crime and anything slightly spooky. I listened to lots of Morbid, Crime Junkie, and Something Was Wrong this week. I also found a new podcast called Strangeville, which reminds me of This American Life, in that it’s one new story every week, but the stories are all very surprising and interesting.
What Went Well
Getting that negative COVID test was a huge relief!
What Went Shitty
Dealing with unplanned pediatrician visits and school pick ups was a little stressful.
Plans to Improve Next Week
Keep listening to my body and adjusting as I need.