When you’re pregnant, people are naturally going to be interested in buying gifts for your expectant little one. However, if you’ve got a pregnant friend, let me be the first to tell you that she will 100% appreciate the people who stop and think about showering not just the baby, but also her. I know I’ve had a few friends go out of their way to give me a little something special, and it means a lot to know that I’m still thought about (and not just in the context of being a pregnant woman). Here’s a few amazing gift idea’s for active moms to be.
Related Post: Must Have Maternity Gear
Best Gifts for Active Moms To Be
- Liquid IV – It’s so important for athletes in general to get enough electrolytes. And during pregnancy, our hydration and electrolyte needs only increase. Liquid IV is a great option for maximizing the water we do drink. Plus it’s super convenient and easy to carry on the go!
- Massage Gun – Pregnancy is far from easy on the body, and active moms are even more likely to experience sore and achy muscles. A massage gun is a great way to make sure she can alleviate some of those aches in the comfort of her own home.
- Oofos Sandals – It’s well known that swollen feet are a part of many pregnancies, and active women tend to spend more time on those tired feet. Having some sandals that are not only forgiving when it comes to space, but also promote recovery can go a long way to making mom to be just a little more comfortable.
- Car Seat Towel – Because for a lot of women, pregnancy means sweating even more than usual. For those of us who work out, one of the worst things is having to get back into our car and drive home a sweaty mess. This car seat towel is a great option that is washable and keeps our cars smelling fresh as a daisy. Even when we’re a sweaty mess.
- Yoga Ball – Obviously a great gift for any woman who enjoys yoga or Pilates; however these inflatable balls can pull double duty towards the end of pregnancy. They’re a great alternative to hard chairs that are not the best option for an already sore back. They’re also known to help align the pelvis, making things just a little easier during the labor and delivery process.
- Insulated Cup – We already covered how important it is for active pregnant women to prioritize hydration, right? Well this insulated cup is any easy way for her to carry 30oz of water that will stay cold, has a straw-friendly opening, but can still be sealed tight. Plus, it keeps coffee hot. And we all know pregnant ladies do NOT deserve room temp coffee.
- Calm Supplement – One thing I was not prepared for during this pregnancy was the crazy calf cramps. I honestly never really had any muscle cramps during my first pregnancy (outside of labor), but being more active this go around has meant some mean sleep-interrupting charlie horses. This magnesium supplement goes a long way to reducing those peace-stealers.
- Pregnancy Pillow – It’s hard to get comfortable with a growing belly, and it’s so important for active women to get quality sleep. While pregnancy pillows don’t work well for everyone, lots of women swear by them. And if there’s even a chance at slightly better sleep, these pillows are well worth the investment.
So if you’ve got a baby shower coming up for an active lady, consider picking up something special for her. Because staying active throughout pregnancy deserves a present or two!