2020 has been a rough year for all of us, but thankfully Christmas is just around the corner. Which means lots of chocolate, carbs, and Christmas gifts! If you’ve got a runner who deserves a little extra love this holiday season, here’s some amazing gift ideas for runners that will make you the most popular gift giver on the track! From running gifts under $30 to extra special treats for recovery, with tons of options for gifts on Amazon to make your shopping that much easier, this gift guide for runners has everything you need.
2020 Gift Guide for Runners
- Socks – Remember how we hated unwrapping a set of socks as kids? Well, we love them even more than we hated them way back when. If you’ve got a runner who is prone to blisters, give them the gift of happy feet with a pair of Injinji toe socks. Not a fan of keeping those piggies separated? Can’t go wrong with a pair of Ballega hidden comfort socks.
- Arm sleeves – Dressing for the changing seasons can be more difficult than you would expect, and no runner wants to schlep around an extra shirt if they can help it. Enter arm sleeve’s. They can help runners transition from long sleeve to short, and the compression can help reduce muscle soreness. Grab a pair of Brooks arm sleeve’s, and keep your runner warm and happy!
- Buff – Popular with trail runners long before the pandemic, a good buff can be used in more ways than I have time to explain. They can be used to cool down runners with ice or cold water in the summer, keep necks, ears, and faces warm in the winter, and serve as a mask at starting lines. Few stocking stuffers are more versatile than a good buff.
- Mug – Because I’ve never met a runner who didn’t view that morning cup of coffee as an absolute essential part of their pre-run routine. Give them a funny mug that’s absolutely perfect for this time of year.
- Sunglasses – Spending all that time outside means getting a whole lot of Sun. Help your runner friends protect those peepers with a pair of UV blocking Tifosi sunglasses. Perfect for running, these sunglasses never slip and the price can’t be beat!
- Gloves – Runners don’t give up logging the miles just because it’s cold outside! As long as our fingers and ears are warm, we’re usually pretty happy. This pair of New Balance gloves are made with the runner in mind. Sleek, lightweight, and touch screen compatible; every stocking needs at least one pair.
Under the Tree
- Headlamp – Winter mornings are dark mornings, and dark roads and trails are dangerous. Help keep your runner safe and visible with a Black Diamond Storm headlamp.
- Running Vest – Endurance runners have a lot of things to carry with them. From fuel to water to cell phones and layers, runners can’t afford to run out the door without something to carry all these things in. The Nathon Vaporhowe is made specifically for a womans frame, while the VaporKrar is built just for men. Both options are lightweight, fitted, and have pockets for days.
- Recovery Basket – Runners spend almost as much time recovering from their workouts as they do running them. So spoil that special runner with a handmade basket filled with all the recovery essentials. Epsom salt, compression socks, Liquid IV, recovery flip flops, & ice packs
- Car seat cover – It’s no secret that runners are a sweaty, smelly bunch, and there’s nothing worse than hopping into a nice clean car and worrying about how those seats are going to get clean afterwards. A washable car seat cover will help keep those seats fresh and smelling like new car all year long!
- Running Fuel – Runners eat a whole lot, and eating a lot unfortunately can cost a lot. And we all know the fastest way to a runners heart is through their stomach. Buy them a years supply of energy chews or tailwind, and you’ll have a very grateful runner indeed.
- Kettlebell – As much as some runners may not want to admit it, strength training is an essential part of training. A kettlebell is one of the most versatile pieces of strength training equipment, and it doesn’t take up much space.
- Race Registration – Because someday there will be in person racing again, and every runner is looking forward to toeing the start line again.
For Someone Extra Nice
- Watch – Did a runner even run if they didn’t record it? Well, technically yes, but runners still like their data. So if you’re looking a great gift option, consider a nice running watch. Brands like Garmin or Coros are generally safe bets, and offer so many unique training tools.
- Normatec Boots – Everyone loves a good foot massage, and while you can be basic and get a gift card, why not do one better? Gifting a set of Normatec Boots is like gifting someone a massage subscription. These boots help speed up recovery, and might just get you out of massage duty! Win/win!
- Aftershokz – Most runners aren’t interested in listening to themselves breath for miles on end. Being able to tune out to a good podcast or music can make a long run feel 17x easier, scientifically speaking. Aftershokz bone conducting headphones allow runners to listen to something entertaining, while still being able to hear the world around them. Safety and fun.
- Runcation – What does a runner love more than a great race? Traveling somewhere exciting to run it! Find a special race, and make some reservations. If you need a little inspiration for ways to not spend a small fortune on a weekend of racing, check out How to Save on Destination Races.
Running Gifts for Women
- Koala clip – The perfect option for the runner who wants to carry their phone without having to hold it! The Koala Clip fits perfectly onto the back of a sports bra, and doesn’t bounce or chafe.
- Under Armor Bra – Nothing can make a run go from good to terrible like poor support or chaffing. But Under Armor has figured out how to make support comfortable and flattering.
- Running Protection – Women runners can face some unique struggles and challenges. Unfortunately, safety just isn’t something that we can take for granted. Keep your favorite runner just a little safer with a personal safety item like pepperspray, Go Guard Ring, or a personal alarm.
- Stroller – Women runners certainly don’t always have kiddos, but a lot of us do. For the mother runners, there are few items that will get as much use as a running stroller. Our families beloved Bob stroller wracked up more miles than our car in those first few years, and gave me the freedom to keep training with a little one. It was the best gift we received.
- Sarah Marie Design anything – Sarah Marie is a designer who just gets what it’s really like to be a busy lady trying to stay healthy. Her t-shirts, coffee mugs, hoodies, and accessories are beautiful, hilarious, and beyond comfortable.
If you’ve got a runner who deserves a little more than a lump of coal, show them your love and support with one of these great buys!