I’ve been pretty okay this year. I haven’t thrown any temper tantrums in the box, I’ve done 75% of what my coach tells me to do, and I’ve made sure to warm up for at least 6 minutes before lifting heavy. I sometimes complain about having to do cardio, but those double-unders and assault bike calories can be a real pain. At the end of every WOD, I make sure to pick up my weights, and I know better than to drop an empty barbell. You’ll never catch me shaving reps, even when burpees and thrusters are programmed. I hope all of my hard work is enough to stay off the “naughty” list. Here’s a short wish list of what I’d love to see under my tree this year. Hopefully this Christmas gift guide will give you some ideas for other CrossFitters who haven’t sent in their Christmas lists just yet.
- Wrist Wraps – I can lift heavy, but my wrists are tiny. Let’s get them some support, please.
- Socks – My feet could use some extra cushion that doesn’t hold sweat.
- Hand Cream – CrossFit has been great for my strength, but hard on my hands. From tears to blisters to good old calluses, my hands could use some love.
- Tape – To cover up torn hands, and make sure my rib doesn’t pop back out of place.
- Speed Rope – As much as the double-unders kinda kill me, trying to jump with the wrong size, community rope is just a nightmare.
- Gym Bag – Because I need a place to stash all of the new CrossFit goodies you’re bringing me.
- Extra-Strength Laundry Detergent – Even though it’s December, and a little bit colder, I’m still a sweaty mess every time I leave the box. Let’s help me keep the few friends I still have in my life.
- Tide Sport can be swiped at Target’s everywhere, but Nathan is eco-friendly and proven to get the funk out of the worst forgotten laundry.
- Phone magnet – Did I even CrossFit if I don’t have a picture to prove it?
- Shoes – I can’t be expected to kettlebell swing faster than a speeding bullet and leap tall boxes in a single bound with a regular pair of shoes, can I?
- Massage Gun- As much as I love the foam roller, as any CrossFitter can tell you that the more aggressive the recovery accessory, the better. And these suckers are lively. My quads both love and curse you simultaneously for this gift.
- Massage Giftcard – There’s some spots that even the HyperVolt can’t reach, and my husband only has so much time and patience. My body is in a constant state of torn up, so Santa, please be a friend and help a girl out.